What we take for granted, someone else is hoping for. Access to housing, food, healthcare, and basic needs is limited to those suffering from extreme poverty throughout the world. Even in the most developed nations, there are people who fall between the cracks and need assistance. We as a society are able to pull resources to approach these problems that governments often cannot or will not. Charity helps empower those who are disadvantaged, and provides the person in need with options and solutions.
At PlanetDaily, when you donate your Herbiepoints to a charity, we match those points so that patients can receive the medicinal cannabis they need. There are several reasons why we think charity is important and we want to help as many people we can while we are on this planet.
- Connection: You are able to meet or virtually connect with people who inspire you, as well as connect with people who believe in the same causes that you do. The simple act of giving can bring more meaning to your life and see the issue from different perspectives.
- Education: Giving to charity keeps the issue relevant and brings spotlight to an issue. In turn, charities also keep you informed on progress and updates.’
- Motivation: It takes alot of people to address large issues, and when you give to charity, it can strike passion and awareness in others around you. This is a direct and positive effect of your donations.
- Improving Self-Worth: Spreading the love shows that humanity is still present. Sincere charity is a satisfactory act and makes you grateful for your own privileges.
- Giving Back: When you get to the top, don’t forget to send the elevator back down. You may not be able to directly thank people who helped you with your success but you can inspire alot of people who were once in your shoes that need help. It’s the circle of life and keeps you humble.