Cutting along the dotted lines of the Sunday Circulars for savings Digital Coupons have evolved a long way from cutting along the dotted lines of the Sunday Circulars. With more than 25 million Americans using couponing apps, finding deals and discounts is very much alive. Digital coupon redemptions totaled $47 Billion in 2017, and there are projected to be 1.05 Billion worldwide users in 2019. 48% of U.S. businesses use coupons for mobile marketing. Coupons users spend 27% more than regular customers. Promotions and discounts are attractive; everybody loves a good deal and businesses cannot afford to miss out.
With PlanetDaily, we make it easy and convenient for consumers to conveniently redeem coupons, and for vendors to make and market ads instantly to a targeted audience. These are the ways that coupons can benefit your business:
- Coupons Attract New Customers: Coupons are a way to entice newbies to try out a new location, or who may want to try new products, but not at full price. Plus, you can bring in customers that have been shopping at your competitors.
- Coupons Generate Repeat Business from Loyal Customers: Success in retail markets means winning loyal customers to keep them away from your competitors. If you use coupons to drive loyalty, or have a loyalty card like PlanetDaily does, you can maintain and quickly grow your customer base. Loyal customers deserve rewards and this shows your appreciation for your customers.
- Re-Activate Former Customers. Coupons could encourage those who have not been back in awhile to come back to your store. Customers that have been lured away by competitor pricing and convenience will start buying from you again when you give them a good reason to.
- Coupons Boost Brand Awareness: Coupons are valuable promotional tools that function similarly to print ads. Eye-catching coupons develop brand image which in turn drives more potential customers to a business. Coupons can urge people to visit a business location, entice them to go to a sale, reward them, and build traffic on slow days. Once they are at the store, consumers are motivated to spend more than the incentive cost of the coupon in their purchases.
- Coupons give you Targeted Local Advertising and Mass Exposure. With this marketing tool, vendors can provide offers to consumers in your area. Local customers are more likely than others to visit your business and become regulars. Offers can be sent immediately, and you can reach an even wider audience. Consumers will travel far or put in the extra effort to redeem a valuable coupon
- Coupons are an Instant Way to Get Measurable Results: You can see how many people you reached, how much additional money was spent during a transaction, and how many coupons were redeemed by users. This feedback will guide you in creating future offers to improve your marketing campaign
- Coupons allow for you to Up-Sale and Cross-Sale: With coupon advertising, you have the opportunity to up-sale to a higher priced product in the same category, or to do a cross-sell where you offer related products in order to increase your sales. Coupons increase the sales of other products and sometimes consumers are willing to spend more in order to redeem a discount.
- Coupons can move older products and get rid of unwanted inventory: This is an opportunity to encourage customers to purchase products they wouldn’t normally buy. Re-introduce the items not selling well due to overstocking, price, or product visibility. Then you can make room for newer product and minimize your losses.